Autumn is almost here! Last weekend it actually felt like it was already here. The weather was cool and crisp and I was in heaven. By the time Monday rolled around the weather shot back up to 90 degrees. I love warm weather but warm weather with extreme humidity is terrible. Thank goodness we didn’t take our air conditioners out of the windows yet because our house warmed up quickly. To cool me down I whipped up this simple Caramel Pumpkin Spice Puppy Chow. All the flavors of fall wrapped up into one amazing little snack.
I think my favorite part of autumn is going on long walks and bike rides. The feeling of the cool air blowing through my hair just makes me feel on top of the world. It’s so refreshing to just walk outside and immediately feel alive rather than feeling just warm or cold. Since I finally have a nice camera you can expect me to be taking a ton of pictures of the autumn leaves. The colors of autumn are absolutely breathtaking. One day my house will be full of the colors of fall. The colors are so inviting and cozy and we all know nothing is more important than living in a comforting home.
Have I mentioned this is only one of three pumpkin recipes I have made and tasted. The other two recipes are also out of this world (I will be sharing those next week). This puppy chow was described by my boyfriend as “everything you would expect in a pumpkin spice puppy chow.” He’s so sweet. Seriously though this puppy chow is mouth watering. It sends you to another land where its autumn all year long everyone’s happy (sounds like the perfect place, doesn’t it?).
- 1 (heaping) cup Make'n Mold Salted Caramel flavored candy wafers
- 4 tbs. vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup Duncan Hines spice cake mix
- 5-6 cups rice Chex cereal
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. pumpkin spice
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the caramel candy wafers on defrost for 30 seconds. Repeat until the wafers are almost fully melted. Once they're practically melted whisk in the vegetable oil. After it's nice and smooth stir in the spice cake mix. Pour the wafer mixture over 5-6 cups of rice Chex cereal and lightly stir until the cereal is evenly covered. Once covered evenly, pour the powdered sugar and pumpkin spice into a small ziplock bag. Shake the bag until the pumpkin spice is evenly mixed in. Add the pumpkin spice powdered sugar to the bowl of coated cereal and stir slowly until each piece is coated evenly. Enjoy!
- I found my caramel wafers at AC Moore. You can also find them at Wegmans.
What’s your favorite part of fall?
*The Salted Caramel Make’n Mold Candy Wafers can be found at your local AC Moore craft store and Wegmans.