My perfect birthday would consist of sleeping until noon, eating cake for breakfast, staying in my pajamas all day, singing at the top of my lungs, taking a nice long bubble bath while reading a good book, and baking cookies with my boyfriend. It might sound like a lame day to you but to me that’s PERFECTION.
As you probably already have guessed, it’s my birthday! And in case you’re all wondering I am officially 21 tomorrow. Yes, tomorrow. I wanted to do something a little extra special for you all this week. When it’s my birthday I like to celebrate all week long. So, since you are all here on my blog, I wanted to have a Birthday Extravaganza! What does this mean for you? It means I will be sharing with you funfetti, confetti, sprinkles and cake mix recipes with you all week long! I hope you’re all as excited as I am for this. I kind of wish my birthday was every day because this is going to be a blast!
To kick off my Birthday Extravaganza week I thought I would come up with a cake recipe for two. Since I only live with my boyfriend and our cat Burger, we don’t exactly need to bake a whole cake. In fact, I don’t even want to turn on the oven… it is my birthday after all.
We’re going out at midnight tonight and it’s going to be weird. When most people ask my age they’re surprised by my response. Looking at me most people think I’m only fourteen or sixteen. One day I will love looking younger than I actually am, but I don’t exactly like looking fourteen when I’m really twenty-one. I have come to the conclusion that I will probably get carded until I’m thirty-five.
- 2 tbs. butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbs. Rainbow Chip cake mix (Betty Crocker)
- 1 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp. butter, softened
- 4-5 tbs. powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. Rainbow Chip cake mix (Betty Crocker), optional
- dash vanilla extract
- Grease 2 mugs with shortening, set aside. In a small bowl mix together melted butter, egg, milk and vanilla extract. Once combined stir in cake mix until most lumps disappear. Divide the batter between the two prepared mugs. Place in microwave on high for *1 minute 30 seconds - 2 minutes 30 seconds (time will vary depending on microwave). Remove from microwave and let cool.
- In a small bowl cream together cream cheese and butter with a fork. Once creamed mix in powdered sugar one tablespoon at a time. Once evenly combined stir in vanilla and cake mix.
- Once cake has cooled either top with frosting and enjoy or cut each cake into 3 layers and make a mini layer cake. Enjoy!