Whenever I cook I always use Olive Oil. I use it to roast vegetables, crisp chicken and potatoes. I often like to even brush bread with it to make homemade garlic bread. Whenever I make these things they lack the butter flavor that I’m looking for, so when I’m ready to eat I often cover them in butter. Now I don’t need to be smothering my arteries with lots of butters and oils so when I saw this butter flavored Olive Oil at Walmart I just had to try it out.
I really wish I would of had this Olive Oil for Thanksgiving because it really made a difference. The butter flavor really shows through and gives your food that extra flavor that you’re looking for. This butter olive oil is so versatile. I plan on using it my favorite cake recipe next week. I love that this oil is a multi-purpose oil it’s definitely going to be added to be list for everyday cooking.
Each bottle of STAR Butter flavored Olive Oil comes with a conversion chart so you can easily substitute it any of your favorite recipes. What’s even better about the oil is that you are using less compared to the amount of butter you would need. It’s also a sticker so you can stick it to the inside of your cabinet or you can stick it on your refrigerator so it’s easy to find for everyday cooking.
I just love the way this crispy chicken turned out. Not only was it delicious it was a super simple and easy dinner idea. I’ll be adding these recipes to my list for my monthly meal plan.
- Potatoes of Your Choice (Idaho, Yukon, Red)
- STAR Butter Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Wash all of the dirt off of each potato thoroughly. Prick each potato with a fork all over. Wrap each potato individually in a damp paper towel. *Microwave until fork tender (about 4-5 minutes). Cut each potato in half length wise and place on a baking sheet. Cut slits into each potato so the olive oils flavors can get to the whole potato. Brush each potato with the butter olive oil and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. **Turn on your oven broiler and broil for an additional 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!
- *My Potatoes were medium sized adjust microwave time as needed. You don't want them to be too soft.
- **Watch closely.
- Bone-In Chicken Breasts (with skin)
- STAR Butter Olive Oil
- Preheat your oven to 400° F. Prepare your chicken breasts by rinsing them in cold water and cutting off any excess skin. Place breasts on a large baking sheet and pat each chicken breast dry with a paper towel. Once dry, brush on Butter Olive Oil (I used about 1 and 1/2 tablespoons for 2 breasts). Sprinkle each liberally with salt and pepper. *Place pan in oven and bake for 40-50 minutes. Check for doneness with a meat thermometer (should read 160° F -165° F). Let chicken rest for 15 minutes and enjoy!
- * My breasts were quite large so if yours are smaller check the internal temperature 30 minutes into baking.