I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.
These Mini S’more Pies are cheap and easy to make.
Every week I set a food budget. I’m constantly having sales flyers scattered across the floor circling everything I need for the week. Food prices are on the rise and I’m finding it harder and harder to make a meal for under ten dollars. Lucky for us Kraft has a variety of items costing only around a dollar! When I found out about Kraft‘s $1 items I headed to my local Walmart and challenged myself to create a meal for under $10 including dessert! I’m super excited to share with you these cheap food ideas.
While at Walmart I picked up Kraft Macaroni & Cheese, Kool-Aid Bursts, and Chocolate Pudding. I decided to pick up the Kool-Aid bursts because they were only a dollar and they happen to be one of my boyfriends favorites. I knew I wanted to make a dessert so I picked up a chocolate pudding and let the inspiration come to me as I searched for the Macaroni and Cheese. I love pasta because it’s usually cheap and super filling. I picked up a box of the Kraft macaroni and cheese with the intentions of spicing it up.
Dessert first, am I right? These miniature S’more Pies are delicious, easy to make, and affordable. The recipe makes 6 pies, so it’s not like you’re not getting enough food for the cost. The total cost for these adorable pies came to around $4 and I have plenty of extra marshmallows leftover for another day
- 1 small box of chocolate pudding mix
- 1 3/4 cup cold milk
- 6 pack of mini graham cracker crusts ( or 1 large one)
- 12 marshmallows (cut in half)
- The first thing you want to do is mix together your pudding mix and cold milk.
- Once the pudding is well combined place in refrigerator to firm up.
- While the pudding is getting firm go ahead and start cutting your marshmallows.
- Place equal amounts of chocolate pudding into each graham cracker crust (there should be none left, if there is eat it with a spoon :) )
- Top each chocolate pudding pie with 4 marshmallow halves.
- You can either leave the marshmallows alone or lightly brown them with a kitchen torch.
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate for later.
To make my meal more balanced I served my bacon mac & cheese with a cucumber salad (I picked up the cucumber for around 68 cents) and the Kool-Aid bursts I was telling you about before. My boyfriend was a very happy guy when he came home to this on the table. My wallet is also happy after this meal
What are some of your favorite cheap dinner ideas? #1dollardeals make dinner so easy! #collectivebias