Quick and easy hearty 30-minute chicken noodle soup.
Chicken noodle soup has always been one of my favorite meals by far. When I found these cute little ribbon noodles at T.J. Maxx I knew I had to finally share my super easy chicken noodle soup recipe with y’all. My recipe is rather basic, but feel free to add any additional seasonings that you like to add to your soup.
I like to cook my chicken in a skillet and then add the brown bits from cooking into the pot of soup. One thing I have found that I enjoy more when making chicken noodle soup is actually slightly shredding the chicken versus cutting it into cubes. It gives the soup a more rustic feel and the texture goes better in my opinion.
This soup reheats really well. Just store your leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. When you want to reheat a bowl just serve up your portion and heat in the microwave for about 2 minutes. Stirring after one minute will help the chicken noodle soup reheat more evenly.
Am I the only one who consumes an embarrassing amount of saltine crackers when enjoying a bowl of chicken noodle soup. The pairing is just too perfect. I usually cut back on the salt in the soup since the crackers are usually salted. The only other pairing that might beat chicken noodle soup and saltines is chili and saltines.
I made a pot of chili this past weekend and I didn’t buy any saltine crackers. I’ve been eating way too many carbs so I’m trying to cut back. It was hard to enjoy the chili without the crackers, but I somehow seemed to mange just fine. I just had to eat an extra bowl of chili to fill my belly. I’m actually sharing my turkey chili recipe within the next few days so look forward to that. I tend to make mine a little spicy, but it’s so good.
What’s your favorite comfort food?
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups carrot, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 6 ounces egg noodles
- 12 ounces chicken, cooked & shredded
- salt, to taste
- In a large pot heat olive oil on a medium heat.
- Add in carrots, onion, and celery. Stirring occasionally, cook veggies until they start to soften; approximately 5 minutes.
- Add in black pepper and chicken stock. On a medium-high heat bring to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in the egg noodles and cook according to package directions. Usually 7-12 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in chicken, salt*, and parsley and cook 2-3 minutes or until chicken is warm.
- Serve immediately.
- *I added approximately 1 teaspoon of salt. Adjust according to your taste.