Sweet as a Cookie shares decadent desserts and simple, delicious meals the whole family will enjoy. Sweet as a Cookie has been featured on websites such as The Huffington Post, BuzzFeed, and redbookmag.com. Sweet as a Cookie has also been featured in Woman’s World Magazine!
You can probably guess by the title of this page and the big picture to the left that I’m the girl behind the blog. Growing up my mother always made dinner for the family but we didn’t exactly eat that many different things. Our menu rotated with maybe 20 different recipes.
When I went off to college and moved out it was hard for me to come up with dinner ideas because I had grown up around so little. Since I was older I was sick of eating the same things over and over again. I decided I would expand my knowledge in the kitchen by reading and just practicing whenever I could.
While expanding my knowledge in the kitchen I stumbled upon the world of desserts. As I child I tinkered around with an Easy Bake Oven and the boxed mix desserts, but I wanted to make things from scratch. I basically wanted to become the next Betty Crocker and so, Sweet as a Cookie was born.
Some fun facts about myself:
- The amount of cookbooks I have read since I started this blog is way more than I can count.
- Pennsylvania native. Tennessee Living.
- I’m 24 years old.
- My favorite spice is cinnamon so you will see a lot of recipes involving it here on my blog.
- I have two cats, Burger and Rambo.
- My favorite grocery store is Wegmans, but unfortunately Tennessee doesn’t have one.
- I’m super tall like approximately 5′ 2”.
- Baby carrots? Yeah I eat them like a rabbit.
- I used to hate sweet tea, but since moving to the south I’ve grown to love it.
- I enjoy reading BUT if I start a book I have to finish it that day or it drives me insane.
- Children cling to me like magnets.
- I do not consume red meat.
- My favorite desserts are cinnamon rolls and brownies.
- I love learning new things.
- I love getting mail but then I go and look and it’s just bill after bill after bill.
Write me me at email@example.com.