I love finding awesome deals. Monday night I found a great deal that was almost as awesome as these brownies with peanut butter frosting. I’m in need of a new office chair. The one I currently sit in kills my back after sitting in it for 30 minutes. Of course an office chair that soothes my back costs over a hundred dollars. I wasn’t willing to spend that much money.
A deal came across my Facebook newsfeed for a office chair that was now selling for $35.00 originally $150.00. I thought that it had to be too good to be true. The chair must be uncomfortable yada yada yada. I went and looked at the reviews and it was given almost 5 stars after over 500 reviews. I didn’t waste any time ordering it. Yesterday we headed over to Staples so I could sit in the chair (My patience is non-existent). It was like sitting on a cloud of pillows. I can’t wait for it to arrive so I can sit in it all day writing blog posts 🙂
I’m starting to think I should have bought two of the chairs considering I live with a man who seems to take over everything I buy. I take it as a compliment though, it just means I have good taste. I find deals on everything. If something isn’t on sale, clearance or selling for cheap, I won’t buy it. Oh, and I always try and use coupons. We eat healthy foods, I know you probably had no idea by the things I share on my blog. But, we do. I only eat white meat and only taste the desserts I make. Healthy eating isn’t cheap unless you know how to shop. My local grocery store gives monthly coupons for organic/natural products so when they come in the mail I don’t let them go to waste. With the coupon the products usually end up costing around the same price of a non-organic product.
How do I resist all the desserts I make? Honestly, they make me sick. I’ve been eating well for so long that if I eat too much sugar it makes me sick to my stomach. I’ll snack on a cucumber instead 😉
- 1 1/4 sticks butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 6 tbs. butter, softened
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Grease an 8 x 8 inch pan with shortening or cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small pot melt butter over low heat.
- Stir in sugar, cocoa, and salt.
- Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Stir in eggs, one at a time.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- Add flour and combine until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for approximately 25 minutes.
- For the frosting; cream together butter, peanut butter and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Frost brownies once cool.
- I stored mine in the refrigerator.
- If you want to get the brownies out of the pan in one block simply cool in the refrigerator and turn pan upside down on top of a cutting board. The brownies will pop right out then just flip it right side up, frost and enjoy!