Cupcakes 🙂 Don’t they just brighten your day? I like to call them “cakes in cups,” but that’s just me. Lately I’ve been cupcake obsessed. Whenever I’m in the mood to bake I just want to make cupcakes. Personally I think they’re too pretty to eat. With the perfect swirls of frosting to the sprinkles on top, I hate touching their perfectness. After making cupcakes I actually store them in our enclosed unheated porch. It’s cold enough now so it acts like a refrigerator/freezer. These cake batter cupcakes are to die for. They’re so simple and they’re the perfect birthday treat.
I hate being unorganized. Although everything in my house isn’t organized, the spots that are REALLY are. When blogging I write every little thing down. I need to know all information at all times. I have notebooks full of ideas and recipes. My binders are full of blog stats, post schedules, and daily to-do lists. My boyfriend makes fun of me because I make a list for everything. I hate a list of books I want to read, a list of things I want but don’t need right now, a list of things to do around the house, and a grocery list (of course!). If I didn’t write lists my life would be chaotic. Even though I don’t always refer to my lists, I know they’re there and that’s what’s important to me.
I even have a list for future baby names. When I hear a cute name I write it down because if I don’t I know I’ll forget what it was and be upset about it. I know I’m not the only one who makes lists, right? Please tell me some of you make lists.
Last March, when I started eating healthier and losing weight I kept track of what I was eating. It helped me lose weight because I didn’t like to read that I ate a cookie, a slice of pie, 30 chips… etc. I loved writing that I ate breakfast and that it was full of fruits and protein. I never ate breakfast as a child. I was always a late sleeper so there wasn’t time for it. Breakfast is actually one of my favorite meals. Last night we had brinner (breakfast for dinner). I had a strawberry topped waffle with egg whites and potatoes with turkey bacon.
What do you usually eat for breakfast or brinner? I love hearing everyones favorites 🙂
- 1 box party rainbow chip cake mix (minus 1/4 cup mix)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2/3 cup yogurt (I used coconut milk yogurt)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 cup cake mix
- 1 tbs. vanilla extract
- 2-4 tbs. milk (add 1 at a time)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer combine vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla, and yogurt until combined.
- In another bowl sift cake mix.
- When adding the cake mix and milk, alternate (cake mix, milk, cake mix, milk, cake mix).
- Mix between additions.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 way full.
- Bake for approximately 18 minutes.
- Allow cupcakes to cool.
- For the frosting, cream butter until it's fluffy.
- Mix in sifted powdered sugar a cup at a time.
- Add in the reserved cake mix, vanilla and 2 tablespoons of milk.
- Whip until it's light and fluffy.
- Frost cooled cupcakes and enjoy!