These loaded cheesy pepperoni pizza waffles are a great new take on everyones favorite meal, pizza.
These pepperoni pizza waffles are best served with a mountain of pizza sauce on top. Even though these waffles are already loaded with cheese you could even toss on some extra and bake in the oven on 400 degrees until the cheese is just melted. If I was a cheese lover I would definitely go that route. I’m actually not a big cheese eater. Don’t hate me, please.
To keep the already made waffles crispy while finishing up the whole batch place them on a cooling rack. If you want them to stay warm place them directly on the rack in your oven at around 200 degrees. I took these pepperoni pizza waffles to another level by adding seasoning into the batter. If you don’t normally like a seasoned pizza crust you may want to leave these seasonings out.
Yesterday I went on my first hike of the year. Being the first hike I should have picked a rather easy trail but the path ended up looking a lot like this stack of waffles. We climbed about 1,300 feet in 45 minutes. By the time we got back down to the bottom my legs were killing me. Sunday was leg day at the gym so I basically had two leg days in a row. You can bet that I’m super sore today.
We’re thinking of going for another hike this weekend if the weather is good. I’m super excited because I love being outside and theres always awesome sights to see when hiking in the smoky mountains. If you didn’t know I live in East Tennessee. The weather has been a dream this year. I’m from Pennsylvania so I’m used to the cold and snow. We had snow for about two days this year in Tennessee and it melted very quickly. I sure could get used to this.
What’s your favorite pizza topping?
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 4.5 ounces pepperoni, chopped (I used turkey pepperoni)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- pizza sauce, for topping
- Preheat your waffle iron at a medium heat.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, parsley, oregano, and garlic powder.
- Once combined, stir in the milk and eggs until most lumps are gone.
- Stir in pepperoni and cheese until well combined.
- Pour 1/2 cup of batter into the prepared and greased waffle iron.
- Cook for approximately 4 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with pizza sauce and enjoy!