These may look like your average chocolate chip cookies, but they’re not. These chocolate chip cookie dough cookies have that slightly crunchy exterior that we all want in a cookie but the interior… that’s a whole other story. The inside of these chocolate chip cookie dough cookies is that raw cookie dough we all love to enjoy before we actually bake the cookies. I don’t know about you but I would say this cookie is the best of both worlds. My boyfriend, who is an extreme chocolate chip cookie fan declared these his new favorite cookie of all time. He’s a super picky guy so that’s saying a lot about these chocolate chip cookie dough cookies. These cookies are loosely based off of my recipe for classic chocolate chip cookies. As good as that recipe is… this one is just so much better. This is a chocolate chip cookie recipe that I’ll never get sick of. Who gets sick of cookies?
So how exactly did I achieve the perfect cookie? I decided to bake the cookies at a super high temperature for a short period of time and in return… PERFECT COOKIES. You do need to be careful though. If you’re away from your oven your cookies could burn in seconds. So if you’re going to bake these chocolate chip cookie dough cookies make sure that you remain in your kitchen at all times (it’s totally worth it anyways). The second the cookies come out of the oven you’re going to place them in the freezer (this will prevent the cookies to continue to bake).
I must warn you… if you try this recipe.. you may never try another cookie recipe again. I know my boyfriend will be requesting these weekly from now on.
My favorite way to eat these beauties is to eat all of the crunchy exterior first… as you would the crust on a sandwich. Then I enjoy the soft middles last 🙂 If you eat it like a normal cookie you won’t want to eat the crunchy exterior after diving into the ooey gooey middles, so just trust me 😉
These cookies will leave everyone speechless. When you’re enjoying a good cookie you don’t want anyone interrupting anyway, right? You’re welcome 🙂
So what are you waiting for? Go and make these cookies now or I’m telling your loved ones that your keeping them from the best cookies in the world (no lies).
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat your oven to 500°F.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer cream together the butter and sugars.
- Once the mixture is nice and fluffy beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Mix until well combined.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt.
- Carefully mix in the flour, stop when it's just barely combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips and chunks and mix until the cookie dough ingredients are all incorporated.
- Form 14 dough balls (1/4 cup in size) and place them 2-3 inches apart on a lined baking sheet.
- Lightly flatten the dough balls with the palm of your hand (you don't need to flatten them too much).
- Bake for approximately 5 minutes or until the outsides are nice and brown (the middles will still look very raw).
- Immediately place the cookies in the freezer when they're done baking (this will prevent them from continuing to bake).
- Remove from the freezer once cooled and serve!
- Be careful when baking. Ovens are all different so watch the cookies carefully.