I have only tried oatmeal cookies for the first time recently and boy am I glad I did! These cookies spruce up an all american classic. They are so chewy and light. Since they have oatmeal in their name does that mean they are a suitable breakfast food?… I think so. Enjoy!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Write a review
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Cream together egg, butter, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Once combined add in the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, sugar, and oats.
- Mix until well blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until light brown.
- Cool on a cooling rack and enjoy!
Sweet as a Cookie http://sweetasacookie.com/
You may also enjoy: