Rich chocolate cut out cookies. These cookies are slightly soft and hold their shape perfectly.
At the beginning of January every season of Friends was added to Netflix. This was probably the worst thing they could do for my productivity levels. It’s almost always on the TV now even when I’m not in the room. Would you believe me if I told you the first time I saw an episode of friends was last summer? Ever since then I’ve been pretty obsessed.
I feel like I’m a combination of Monica and Phoebe. I love to cook but sometimes I can be a little nutty. I just watched the episode where Phoebe says she runs like a little kid because it makes it more fun. I think I should take some advice from her because running is the worst. Phoebe can somehow make anything fun. We should all be a little more like Phoebe.
Let’s talk cookies. These chocolate cut out cookies are beyond perfect. There’s no spreading and the chocolate flavor is spot on. My boyfriend said he would smother these cookie in peanut butter and eat them with a cold glass of milk. He’s pretty much obsessed with any kind of cookie
I personally loved these cookies topped with melted white chocolate. They complimented each other perfectly. For the sprinkled heart cookies I cut out two large heart cookies. Then I punched a smaller heart out of one of the large hearts. I stacked the two on top of each other, filled the center with white chocolate, and topped with festive heart shaped sprinkles.
How many of you got hit with the “snowpocalypse?” I was really upset when I heard it was going to miss us. I feel like we haven’t had very much snow this winter so I was really looking forward to getting a couple of feet. Sometimes we like to pretend we’re snowed in.
We stay inside, snuggle, and watch movies. This time I pretended to be snowed in and did lots of work for the blog. I have a super secret surprise and I can’t wait to tell you all very soon 🙂
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar until just mixed.
- Stir in the egg and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
- Add in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Mix until the dough forms a ball.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Lightly flour your surface and roll out the dough. Cut into desired shapes.
- Place onto a lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes or until set.
- Cool on a baking rack and enjoy!