Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars Stuffed with Three Large Milk Chocolate Bars.
Cookie bars! My Boyfriend has been driving me nuts about making cookie bars. Apparently regular cookies aren’t good enough anymore. After trying these bars I would have to agree. Once you turn a cookie into a bar there’s no going back. If you store them properly overnight in an airtight container they’re just as good the next day.
Not that I would know or anything. I mean I don’t eat cookies for breakfast, do you? 😉 Okay I’ll be honest. I did have one for breakfast but I only had a small chunk. How amazing would one of these be topped with ice cream and chocolate sauce? I’ll have to remind my boyfriend about that idea later.
When I got the opportunity to try out the new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® I couldn’t say no. It’s now made from real, simple ingredients – 100% taste, 0% artificial preservatives – and it’s still unbelievably delicious!
It’s easy to believe the new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® spreads can be part of an overall healthy, balanced diet because you can trust what’s inside. You may know I recently lost 25 pounds (<— I blame college for the extra weight) so when I found out I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® could give me exactly what I wanted in a healthy way I had to try it!
The new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® offers a fresh butter taste to add flavor to any meal, and can be used for spreading, topping, sautéing, cooking or baking. I decided to challenge myself by using it for baking. Cookies can be super finicky so when this recipe turned out perfectly 3 times, I knew that you could use I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® for anything.
For more great-tasting recipes, visit www.icantbelieveitsnotbutter.com/recipes. Try out the new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® in this chocolate stuffed cookie bar recipe. If you happen to try it out make sure to head on over to their website and leave a product review on the new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!®.
Some Tips and Tricks to Get the Best Cookie Bars:
- Make sure you’re properly measuring the flour. Spoon the flour into the measuring cup, level off with the backside of a butter knife, and be careful not to pack the flour down into the cup.
- For easy pan removal bake the cookie bars in a parchment paper lined and greased pan.
- Make sure to only remove the bars once they have cooled to room temperature. When they first come out of the oven they will seem raw but as they cool they get more firm.
- When whipping together the sugar and I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!®, allow to whip for 3 minutes before adding in the egg and vanilla. This will really give the bars that chewy quality we all are looking for.
- When layering the cookie dough grease your hands with non-stick cooking spray. This will prevent the cookie dough from sticking to your hands.
- Make sure to use mini chocolate chips. The larger ones are too big for the thickness of the cookie dough layers.
- Be sure to sprinkle the top with more chocolate chips before baking but only if you want them to look prettier 🙂
- 1 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 (4.25 oz) Chocolate Bars, milk chocolate or semi-sweet
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Line a 13 x 9 inch pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick baking spray; set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer cream together the butter and sugars.
- Once the mixture is nice and fluffy beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Mix until well combined.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt.
- Carefully mix in the flour, stop when it's just barely combined.
- Add in the mini chocolate chips and mix until the cookie dough ingredients are all incorporated.
- Add half of the cookie dough to the prepared pan. Spreading until the bottom is covered.
- Top with the 3 large chocolate bars.
- Add the remaining cookie dough to the pan. Spreading until the chocolate bars are covered.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool before removing from pan. Cut and serve.
- I only used I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread to test this recipe. If you use anything else I can not guarantee the recipes success.