It’s sunny and seventy degrees outside right now. I feel like I’m on vacation. These cinnamon streusel cookies are making my “vacation” even better. You’ve probably heard this a million times from me by now, but cinnamon makes me happy. Cinnamon is more of a autumn and winter flavor unless it’s for breakfast, in my opinion. So if you aren’t feeling cinnamon in this warm weather just eat them for breakfast 😉
When we decided on adopting a second kitten I didn’t want a male. I grew up with only female cats and never heard anything good about male kittens. Well we kept looking around at shelters for cats in the age range we wanted and none were female. We ended up getting the cutest boy. I’m sure you’ve seen him around in my food photos. He is actually more cuddly than our female cat and I love it!
I wake up every morning with him wrapped around my neck purring as loud as he can (which is super loud by the way). I’m so glad I went out of my comfort zone and got a male kitten. He keeps me company while my boyfriend is at work.
If you love everything about a crumb cake you’re going to love these cookies. All of the flavors of crumb cake without all of the crumby mess. I can’t lie the Krusteaz brand of crumb cake is my absolute favorite. They really nailed the flavor combination perfectly. It was hard to turn the wonderful mix into anything but their crumb cake recipe but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.
The cinnamon chips pack that extra punch of flavor that really sends these cinnamon streusel cookies over the top.
Now head to the store, buy the ingredients, and get baking!
- 1 box Cinnamon Swirl Krusteaz Muffin & Crumb Cake Mix
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cinnamon chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or baking mat; set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together flour and muffin mix packet until combined.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer combine butter, streusel packet from the muffin mix, milk, and vanilla.
- Once combined stir in the muffin mix.
- After well combined stir in cinnamon chips.
- Place tablespoon sized balls of dough onto the lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.