If you’ve ever wanted to eat a cupcake for breakfast, now is your chance. This cupcake checks all of the boxes. The coffee flavor isn’t overpowering, it’s nice and subtle. I didn’t want the flavor in these coffee cupcakes to be so strong enough to give you coffee breath all day. The cream cheese acts as the creamer you would normally add to your coffee. Delicious is an understatement when it comes to these cupcakes.
Just looking at these pictures makes me want a cupcake. They’re so perfect and moist. I apologize if that word makes you cringe but the coffee does something special to these cupcakes. Did I mention how amazing your house is going to smell when they’re in the oven. I baked my cupcakes in two batches just so the smell would stick around longer. I suggest you do the same 😉
I can’t get over how adorable these cupcakes are. Ever since I bought my piping kit I’ve been obsessed with making cupcakes. You would be obsessed too if you realized how much cuter cupcakes are with piped frosting. I used to think piping was for professionals but it’s really quite easy when you get the hang of it. As long as your frosting is fluffy and firm it will be easy peasy to pipe.
My cupcakes look a little dull in these plain white cupcake wrappers. I love using pretty colored ones but I can’t seem to find any grease proof liners around here. If the wrappers aren’t grease proof the coloring of the wrappers turn all funky and well the grease of the cupcakes shows through the liner. I would much rather use these lame white wrappers than greasy wrappers.
If you have cats you know what it’s like to eat around them, nearly impossible! They’re constantly jumping on your lap and sticking there nose where it doesn’t belong. Well our new cat Rambo is pretty rambunctious. He doesn’t give up until he gets what he wants, and he’s pretty demanding. I had to lock him in our back room with our other cat, Burger while taking pictures of these cupcakes. He wanted to lick all of the frosting off of the cupcakes. It took me numerous times to get the frosting to look the way I wanted it to. I didn’t want Rambo going and ruining my artwork. Rambo I apologize if you’re reading this, but please just eat your kitty food and leave our human food alone.
The coffee I used in these donuts was Frosty’s Favorite flavored coffee from Brew La La Coffee. Brew La La Coffee offers a wide variety of flavors. You can purchase their coffee on their website, TJ Maxx & Marshalls, and Amazon.
There were so many good looking cupcake pictures I had the hardest time choosing. I feel like every decision I make is the most complicated one I’ll ever make. My boyfriend and I were looking at blinds today and it felt like we were looking at them for hours. I really don’t think it was more than 20 minutes but you know what I mean. Come back tomorrow for another delicious coffee recipe.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup strong coffee, chilled
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 1/2 tsp. coffee extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer combine butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Once fluffy mix in eggs one at a time.
- Mix in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- With the mixer on low add in 1/3 of the flour mixture, 1/8 cup of coffee, another 1/3 of the flour mixture, the rest of the coffee, and the rest of the flour mixture.
- Don't over mix, mix until just combined.
- Fill 12 cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full with the batter.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until cake springs back when touched.
- Allow to cool before frosting.
- For the frosting; In a large bowl cream together butter, cream cheese, vanilla and coffee extract.
- Once combined slowly mix in sifted powdered sugar.
- Mix until frosting is light and fluffy.
Check out these other coffee recipes: