A quick and easy muffin recipe infused with coffee. These coffee muffins are the perfect breakfast treat.
Muffins. Some people love muffins. Other people hate muffins. I’m a fan of muffins but they have to meet a few requirements before I even consider taking a bite of one. We all know I’m picky but I think I’m being pretty reasonable here.
Muffins MUST NOT be dry! There is nothing worse than taking a bite of a muffin and nearly choking to death because it’s so dry. A muffin is not like a cupcake. A cupcake has a pile of frosting on top to help with the dryness.
Flavor! I want my muffin to scream with flavor. If it’s a blueberry muffin I want to be able to taste blueberry in every single bite. To make sure these muffins were noticeably coffee flavored I made sure to make it extra strong. If you’re one of those people who likes to butter your muffin you could easily add some instant coffee to your butter for a little coffee spread.
As the muffins bake the scent of coffee fills the air. There’s nothing better than the smell of coffee. I don’t care if you hate the taste of coffee, you can’t deny that coffee is the best smelling drink to ever exist. I love walking down the coffee isles at grocery stores because the smell just makes me ten times more excited about shopping.
Growing up I never ate breakfast. My first meal would be lunch. Now that I’m older breakfast has easily become my favorite meal of the day. In the summer I love having an iced latte with my meal. Since these coffee muffins already have coffee in them I can skip the drink and eat more.
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 400° F.
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine milk and instant coffee. Mix until the coffee is dissolved.
- Mix in the eggs, melted butter, and vanilla.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the large bowl of dry ingredients. Mix until all the flour is moistened. You don't want to over mix. Lumps are okay.
- Fill greased or lined muffin cups 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.