These coffee sugar cookies with coffee frosting are the perfect pairing.
This may be my favorite week ever! If you haven’t already guessed, it’s officially coffee week on Sweet as a Cookie. All week long I’ll be sharing recipes full of that warm flavor we all crave every morning. If you’re anything like me you might even enjoy drinking coffee at night.
With the recipes I’ve been creating you’ll be able to eat and drink coffee for every meal! If you’re not excited yet, you definitely should be. I already shared a recipe for chocolate chunk coffee cookies on my other blog so if you’re interested in that recipe you should definitely head on over there.
The first recipe I’m sharing with you this week is my recipe for coffee sugar cookies with coffee frosting. I could seriously eat the frosting with a spoon. The frosting is basically a latte in frosting form. The sugar cookies are full of that coffee flavor we all love. The slightly crispy cookies paired with the creamy and flavorful frosting make the perfect coffee dessert.
These cookies are good with and without the frosting. If you decide to skip out on the frosting I will admit that you are missing out. If you don’t like coffee you can easily leave out the coffee but then you’ll just have plain sugar cookies with buttercream frosting.
Wednesday I’m sharing a breakfast recipe that you don’t want to miss! If you’re loving this new series leave a comment below with an ingredient you would like to be celebrated. I have many in mind but I’m always up for suggestions.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- In the bowl of your stand mixer cream together the butter and sugar.
- Once the mixture is nice and fluffy beat in the egg, instant coffee, and vanilla extract.
- Mix until well combined.
- Stir in the baking soda and salt.
- Carefully mix in the flour, stop when it's just combined.
- Remove dough from bowl and cover dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Form 36 dough balls (about a heaping tablespoon in size) and place them 2-3 inches apart on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes or until the outsides are nice and brown.
- Allow cookies to slightly cool on baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack.
- For the frosting; In a large bowl cream the butter until light, fluffy, and pale.
- In a tiny bowl dissolve the instant coffee in the milk.
- Slowly beat in the powdered sugar and coffee-milk mixture.
- Mix until the frosting is light and fluffy (3-5 minutes).
- Frost cookies once cooled.