Growing up I always loved brownies. I wasn’t much of a chocolate lover but when a brownie showed up… I had to eat one. My favorite boxed brownies were the Duncan Hines Candy Shop Twix variety. Apparently after searching the shelves at my local store… they don’t exist anymore. I decided to recreate them and bring back some memories along the way.
These brownies are gooey, flavorful and…
If you’re sick of the same boring ol’ brownies these will surely do the trick.
- 1 pkg. boxed brownie mix (or homemade)
- 1 cup shortbread cookies, chopped
- 1/4 cup caramel syrup
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Prepare an 8 x 8 inch pan with cooking spray; set aside. Prepare brownie batter as directed. Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle the shortbread cookies overtop the brownie mixture evenly. Once the cookies are placed, drizzle caramel syrup all over the top of the batter. Place into the oven and bake for approximately 40 minutes (or as directed on box/in recipe). Let brownies cool and enjoy!
- Drizzle more caramel overtop before eating for extra goodness.
- Lorna Doone (100 Cal) Shortbread Cookie Crisps are perfect for this recipe.