These double chocolate cookies are perfection when they’re still slightly warm. The ooey gooey melted semi-sweet chocolate bites are a dream in this delightful cookie.
The are probably the best cookies in the history of cookies! That’s just one girls opinion though. I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again. Chocolate, yeah it’s not my favorite thing in the entire world but these cookies… OH MY GOODNESS! I probably could have easily eaten a dozen in one sitting. Yes, they’re that good!
These cookies came to me in a dream. Actually my boyfriend has been dreaming of these cookies ever since I first got into food blogging. I don’t know why it to me so long to get it right but boy they sure were worth the wait!
Just imagine eating a brownie that has the crispy edges surrounding the whole entire thing! BUT wait the center is a gooey brownie dream. I’m seriously going to whip up another batch of these as soon as possible because they’re too good to not have on hand at all times. This is my new go to cookie recipe right behind these.
I used to be a chocolate chip girl. Ever since I used chocolate chunks I can’t seem to go back. I love the way the chunks melt and the way they look in cookies. They really give desserts that rustic look that I love. You could add more chocolate chunks to this recipe but I thought one cup was the perfect amount. It added that extra chocolate flavor without being overly heavy and overwhelming.
I have big plans for these cookies. I have a few variations in my mind and I can’t wait to get to work making them and sharing them with you. In the mean time make this basic recipe, you won’t regret it!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coffee extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat your oven to 375º F.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer cream together the butter and sugar. Beat until mixture is fluffy (3 minutes).
- Mix in eggs one at a time until incorporated.
- Add in the vanilla, coffee extract, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until everything is incorporated.
- Stir in the flour and chocolate chunks. Mix until just combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and drop rounded tablespoons of dough 2 inches apart from each other.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool on a baking sheet for 1 minute before transferring to a cooling rack. Enjoy!