Soft cookie bars filled with Oreo Cookie crumbs and Chunks.
There’s just something about a cookie in bar form that makes me so happy. The center ones are by far my favorite because they’re the chewiest. Of course if you like the crunchy edges of a cookie you’ll want to eat one of the outer pieces. These Oreo cookie bars satisfy everyones cookie craving.
My favorite thing about cookie bars is that you don’t need to portion out each individual cookie and bake 2-3 trays. With these Oreo cookie bars you basically just dump everything into a 9×13 inch pan and bake. You even let the cookies cool in the pan making this recipe extra easy!
What I like most about this Oreo cookie bar recipe is that there is Oreo crumbs throughout the dough and there’s also large Oreo chunks which are basically tiny presents to bite into.
Some Tips and Tricks to Get the Best Cookie Bars:
- Make sure you’re properly measuring the flour. Spoon the flour into the measuring cup, level off with the backside of a butter knife, and be careful not to pack the flour down into the cup.
- For easy pan removal bake the cookie bars in a parchment paper lined and greased pan.
- Make sure to only remove the bars once they have cooled to room temperature. When they first come out of the oven they will seem raw but as they cool they get more firm.
- When whipping together the sugar and butter, allow to whip for 3 minutes before adding in the egg and vanilla. This will really give the bars that chewy quality we all are looking for.
- When layering the cookie dough grease your hands with non-stick cooking spray. This will prevent the cookie dough from sticking to your hands.
What’s your favorite kind of cookie?
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup Oreo crumbs (8 Oreos)
- 12 Oreos, chopped into fours
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Line a 13 x 9 inch pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick baking spray; set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer cream together the butter and sugars.
- Once the mixture is nice and fluffy beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Mix until well combined.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt.
- Carefully mix in the flour and Oreo crumbs, stop when it's just barely combined.
- Add half of the cookie dough to the prepared pan. Spreading until the bottom is covered.
- Top with half of the chopped Oreos.
- Add the remaining cookie dough to the pan. Spreading until the Oreo chunks are covered.
- Top the bars with remaining chopped Oreos.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool before removing from pan. Cut and serve.