Thank you Barber Foods for sponsoring this post.
30 minute garlic mashed potatoes and broccoli & cheese stuffed chicken breasts.
Two of my favorite things happen to be chicken and potatoes. I love my chicken with a coating of some sort on it. This girl needs her textures. I can eat potatoes in pretty much any form. Mashed are probably my favorite by far though. I decided to step up my mashed potato game this time around by cooking them with garlic. I wouldn’t top the potatoes with gravy when serving them with the Barber Foods Broccoli and Chicken stuffed chicken breasts so the garlic gives them the little extra something that they need.
I like garlic but I do not like it to be overpowering. If you like things a little more garlicky than most I would add twice as much as the recipe calls for. If I made mine that way I would live with garlic breath for the rest of my life. The only food I can handle a lot of garlic on is garlic bread, but I mean who cant?
I wish I had a giant bowl of these garlic mashed potatoes right now.
The Barber Foods broccoli and cheese could not have been simpler to prepare. All I had to do was preheat the oven to 350° F and place the frozen chicken breasts onto a metal baking sheet once they were removed from their packaging. Bake the chicken for 25 minutes. Even better yet, Barber Foods currently has a coupon for $1 off. I don’t know about you, but I like saving money any time I can! The hardest part about the Barber Foods stuffed chicken breasts is waiting 3 minutes after they’re done baking before consuming. Patience is key if you don’t wanna burn your mouth though so in the end it’s worth it. You can locate products near you with their handy product locator.
My homemade garlic mashed potatoes were the perfect pairing with the Barber Foods broccoli and cheese chicken. I of course had to serve it with an extra large pile of broccoli because you can never have enough broccoli. This is a #BarberNight meal the whole family can enjoy. Since this meal requires little active minutes it gives you plenty of time to get other things done. While I’m cooking I like to squeeze in some of those 10 minute workouts you find online.
What are your favorite food pairings?
- 2 lbs. russet potatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- fresh parsley, optional
- Peel your potatoes and chop up into uniform sizes.
- Drop your potatoes and garlic into a large pot and cover them with cold water.
- Heat potatoes on the stove until they start to boil.
- Once boiling cook for 10-15 minutes or until fork tender.
- In a small pot combine butter, milk, and chicken broth.
- Heat until butter is melted and the mixture is warm.
- Drain your potatoes with the garlic and add them to a large bowl.
- Mash your potatoes with the garlic however you wish (I use a hand mixer on low).
- Once there are no large clumps, using a spoon stir in the buttery mixture.
- DO NOT add all of the liquid.
- You'll want to add little by little until your desired texture is reached.
- (I had about 1/4 of the liquid left over)