This garlic parmesan corn is perfect for your memorial day celebration.
Another week has passed and it is time for yet another Food Network Friday post. I can’t believe it’s already Friday again. I kind of disappeared from the blog this week when the temperatures hit 80 degrees. My boyfriend and I took advantage of the beautiful weather and got some yard work done. Our backyard looks like a botanical garden. There’s seriously so much landscaping it makes me want to cry. Of course it’s beautiful but taking care of it… “ain’t nobody got time for that,” lol.
When I saw this recipe on Food Network dot com I knew I had to make it! First of all I love corn, I’m pretty sure everyone does. BUT corn gets boring! The same old corn and butter gets old so I love finding new ways to spruce up our favorites. This garlic parmesan corn takes it to a whole new level. I can’t wait to add this to our menu rotation. It would be amazing paired with burgers and fries. Since it’s almost summer I thought this would be perfect for those of you who like to grill corn. Even adding a pinch of smoked paprika would add a beautiful touch.
The green from the parsley makes this corn even more beautiful. Just imagine bringing this to a cook out, it would really stand out on the table next to all of the other dishes. I love recipes that are super simple but stand out. This recipe is a prime example of just that. In a matter of minutes I had this corn ready to go. Instead of using grated parmesan cheese like Giada I decided to used shredded to add texture but you could use either or.
Well I’m off to enjoy the sunshine, I like to enjoy it every chance I get. Have a good weekend everyone! Oh and don’t forget to make this corn for dinner 😉
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 3 tbs. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbs. fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 4 ears of yellow corn, husked and halved crosswise
- In a small skillet heat olive oil and garlic over medium heat until oil starts to bubble.
- Remove skillet from heat and allow oil to cool.
- While oil is cooling cook your corn as you normally would. (I boiled mine)
- Transfer the corn to a serving dish.
- Once oil has cooled stir the parmesan, parsley, salt, and pepper into the garlic mixture.
- Top the corn with the parmesan oil mixture and serve.
This corn would pair well with: