Gingerbread Cookie topped with a sugar cookie chocolate and lots of festive sprinkles.
This may be the simplest “recipe” ever! It’s not really a recipe it’s more of a process but it’s definitely a worth while process. The gingerbread cookie topped with the sugar cookie candy melts tastes exactly like spice cake. Spice cake is seriously the best cake in the world if you ask me. The fact that I can eat “spice cake” without a mess excites me. By mess I mean dishes, frosting face, dishes, and more dishes.
Cookies? Pshhh! It’s all about the cookie bark! This bark isn’t the crunchy kind so be prepared for a soft and chewy cookie full of awesome flavor. I decided to go with a pre-made cookie dough so the whole process would be easy peasy! You’re welcome! 🙂
I’m so glad Wilton came out with the sugar cookie flavored candy melts because they are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I want to add them into everything and anything. I haven’t had a hard time finding them but if you happen to, you could easily just use vanilla candy melts. The sugar cookie flavor just really pumps up the flavors.
You don’t have to cut out the bark into perfect shapes and sizes. Feel free to get creative. Cookie cutters would work well to make a really festive shape this time of year. I don’t like waste so I decided to have even sized perfect pieces. This gingerbread cookie bark would make for a super cute gift this time of year. Add a few pieces into small cellophane baggies with a cute note and you’re good to go!
If you’ve never made cookie bark, you need to try this recipe. I made it simple so it’s perfect to whip up last minute for the holidays.
- 2 Sheets Nestle Rolled & Ready Gingerbread Cookie Dough
- 1 (10 ounce) bag Wilton Sugar Cookie Candy Melts
- 3 tablespoons festive sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Bake cookie sheets whole on a lined baking sheet for 12-14 minutes.
- Allow cookie sheets to cool on baking sheet before removing.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt candy melts on defrost until smooth.
- Evenly spread the chocolate over the cookie sheets.
- Top with sprinkles before the chocolate starts to harden.
- Once dry cut into pieces. Store in an airtight container and enjoy!