This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GladeHolidayJoy #CollectiveBias
Cinnamon cupcakes with gingersnap crumbs and a rich gingersnap cream cheese frosting.
The holidays are upon us and I could not be more excited. This is absolutely my favorite time of the year. The weather, the smells, and the baked goods. Everything is just so much happier during these next few weeks. The holidays can also be a very stressful time for some. I’ve found the best way to ease my stress is to fill the house with joyful smells. The Glade® candles and wax melts are something I purchase regularly. I decided to give the Shimmering Wonder™ and Merry Fun™ scents a try this season.
When I’m not burning candles or melting wax melts you can find me in my kitchen creating wonderful smells by baking. My latest creation is gingersnap cupcakes with a gingersnap cream cheese frosting. The cupcakes are a rich cinnamon flavor with crushed up gingersnaps added into the batter. Once the cupcakes were frosted I topped each of them with a gingersnap cookie.
While shopping for the ingredients for the cupcakes at Kroger I saw the new holiday Glade® display. I decided to pick up a Glade® candle and some Glade® wax melts while I was there because the holiday scents usually sell out fast. Look for the special Shazam App in-store display and special packaging to help you design the perfect holiday music playlist!
If you’re a fan of gingersnap or cinnamon you are absolutely going to love these cupcakes. I had to get them out of my house as fast as possible because if I didn’t I would have ended up eating them all by myself. Luckily since moving to Tennessee I have made lots of hungry friends.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup crushed gingersnap cookies
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup gingersnap cookie crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line cupcake pan with paper liners, set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Mix in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add to the wet mixture alternating between the milk and dry ingredients (make sure to mix slightly after each addition).
- Fold in the gingersnap cookie crumbs.
- Fill paper liners 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until cake springs back when touched.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting, combine cream cheese, butter, vanilla, powdered sugar, and gingersnap cookie crumbs until the frosting is light and fluffy.