Thank you Barber Foods for sponsoring this post.
40 minute chicken parmesan and homemade marinara sauce.
I’ve officially been living in Tennessee for six months. These past few months have been some of the best times of my life. I’ve made great friends and I’ve explored so many new places. I even got my first tattoo! It’s crazy what you’ll do once you step out of your comfort zone. I’m almost never home anymore and I can’t complain one bit.
We’re always going somewhere and doing something fun. A few weeks ago I took my first Nashville trip. That also happens to be where I got my first tattoo, because I mean… when in Nashville 😉
Since I’m always on the run I’m finding it harder to find time to make good quality meals. While grocery shopping at my local Ingles grocery store the other day I stumbled upon Barber Foods breaded stuffed chicken breasts. I was most excited by the chicken parmesan variety. You can locate products near you with their handy product locator.
The Barber Foods chicken parmesan could not have been simpler to prepare. All I had to do was preheat the oven to 375° F and place the frozen raw chicken breasts onto a metal baking sheet once they were removed from their packaging. My baking sheet was rather deep so I found I needed to bake the chicken slightly longer at around 40 minutes. The extra time it needed to cook gave me plenty of time to prepare the sauce and pasta. The hardest part about the Barber Foods stuffed chicken breasts is waiting 3 minutes after they’re done baking before consuming. Patience is key if you don’t wanna burn your mouth though so in the end it’s worth it.
My homemade marinara sauce was the perfect pairing with the Barber Foods chicken parmesan. I of course had to serve it on a pile of pasta because carbs are life. This is a #BarberNight meal the whole family can enjoy. Since this meal requires little active minutes it gives you plenty of time to get other things done. I managed to do a load of laundry and vacuum the first floor of my house. Now that’s the kind of cooking I like.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 8 ounces water
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 heaping teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- In a medium pot combine diced onion, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Stirring, cook over medium heat until the onions are soft and tender. Approximately 6-8 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add in tomato sauce, water, tomato paste, parsley, sugar, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper. Stir well and bring to a simmer.
- On low heat simmer for 30 minutes covered.
- Serve with al dente pasta and Barber Foods chicken parmesan.