“I participated in an Ambassador Program on behalf of Influence Central for P.A.N. Cornmeal. I received product samples as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation. #PANFan”
These honey glazed cornmeal doughnuts are light and fluffy doughnuts dipped in a sweet and rich honey glaze.
Cornmeal has always been one of those ingredients where I wasn’t really sure what I could do with it. After a bit of research I learned you can pretty much incorporate cornmeal into any dish. The first recipe I wanted to incorporate cornmeal into was doughnuts. I was a little skeptical at first but these doughnuts are easily one of the best recipes I’ve ever tried. The doughnuts are so light and fluffy and provide that little bit of sweetness we all look for in a good doughnut recipe.
As you all know I’ve been trying to come up with new ways to use lots of panty staples. P.A.N. cornmeal is already a staple ingredient in most Venezuelan homes, however it’s only recently found its way into U.S. kitchens. Since P.A.N. cornmeal is the number one cornmeal in South America I really wanted to challenge myself with this pantry staple by making something other than bread.
These doughnuts are super quick and easy to make. By following this simple process you will have delicious honey glazed cornmeal doughnuts in no time at all. The hardest part is waiting for the oil to come up to temperature. After the oil comes to temperature you drop the batter in and let it get golden brown. The consistency of the “dough” is like a thick funnel cake batter. After the doughnuts have drained and lightly cooled you can top them with the delicious honey glaze and enjoy!
For even more recipes using P.A.N. cornmeal, head on over to the P.A.N. Tumblr page.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup P.A.N. white cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl sift together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
- In another medium sized bowl combine milk, buttermilk, sugar, melted butter, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Heat your vegetable or canola oil to 365° F.
- Once heated add your wet ingredients to your dry and carefully mix until just combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop drop batter into the hot oil.
- Brown doughnuts on both sides and then remove them from the hot oil transferring them to a paper towel lined plate or baking sheet.
- For the glaze; in a small bowl combine powdered sugar, milk, honey, and vanilla extract.
- Coat each doughnut with glaze or enjoy plain!