“This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PepItUp #CollectiveBias”
Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes taken to the next level with the addition of Hormel Pepperoni, Pizza Sauce, and Mozzarella Cheese. Your children will love this recipe!
I know… I know… another pizza related recipe. I seriously can’t stop spreading the pizza love. It’s way too good! I’m going to turn every recipe possible into a pizza-y delight. Le’ts get back to talking about the sloppy pizza joes. They’re g-r-e-a-t! BONUS: They’re simmered in a slow cooker for hours! I could not be more excited about a slow cooker recipe.
This recipe could not be any simpler. With just a few ingredients you’ll have something amazing in no time! All you need for the sloppy pizza joes is frozen onion & pepper blend, ground beef, diced tomatoes, pizza sauce, sliced mozzarella cheese, garlic, and pepperoni! The Hormel Pepperoni is really what makes this sloppy pizza joes pizza-y!
Without the pepperoni it’s almost just a sloppy joe with cheese… B-O-R-I-N-G! Right now you can save $1.00 on the purchase of any two (2) HORMEL® Pepperoni packages. Who doesn’t love saving money? I tried to become an extreme couponer once but it didn’t work out too well.
If you use those slow cooker liners when making this recipe clean up is a breeze. Your family will thank you for the meal and the lack of dishes. You can even eat off of paper plates (I won’t judge!) <— we use paper plates like crazy! Sorry environment 🙁
These pizza sloppy joes are the perfect meal for a cold winter day. Pair them with french fries and broccoli and you got yourself a hearty meal. I know this will become a regular recipe in our household. My boyfriends been obsessing over our slow cooker lately.
- 3 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 cups pepper & onion mix, thawed and diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 24 ounces All Natural Pizza Sauce
- 14.5 ounces petite diced tomatoes
- 12 slices thin mozzarella cheese
- 48 slices Hormel Pepperoni
- 12 Hamburger Buns
- In a large skillet brown ground beef on medium heat until it's no longer pink. Drain out the fat.
- In a 4-Quart slow cooker add the cooked ground beef, pepper & onion mix, garlic, pizza sauce, and diced tomatoes. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6-8hours or on high heat for 3-4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450º.
- Place only bottom buns on a large baking sheet. To each bun add a large spoonful of meat. Top with one slice of mozzarella cheese and 4 slices of pepperoni.
- Bake for 2-3 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven and top with the other half of the bun.