Have you ever loved a song so much that you just played it on repeat? There are a couple songs I could listen to all day without ever getting sick of hearing. Usually by the fourth, fifth, or sixth time playing I get even more into the song. I break out and dance and sing at the top of my lungs. This happens when I’m home alone (I’m sorry I don’t do this while you’re home Kip). Music brings out the creative side in me. Earlier I listened to the same song ten times and by the end of the tenth time I had a weeks worth of recipes figured out.
I can’t always think of recipes so quickly. Sometimes I get stuck for days. Sometimes I think of a really great idea, test it and it fails. I usually get frustrated and don’t even bother trying to figure out how to make it work. Why? Because while the recipe was failing I thought up four new ones.
These lemon glazed donuts are perfect for any lemon lover. I took one bite and I was immediately hooked. I don’t like to start my morning with sugar, but if I did these would definitely be the way to go. The lemon flavor really shines through, which makes these donuts so addicting.
Taylor Swift has helped me right this blog post, thus far. I could listen to her all day. I don’t care if you think she’s crappy. I’m twenty-one and I love her. Her music is so catchy and it makes me want to dance. I’m addicted to her songs “Red”, “We are Never Getting Back Together” and “22”. My boyfriend thinks it’s weird that I like her songs so much, considering we’ve been together for four years. Most people listen to music that relates to their own life. Not me I guess 🙂
If you’re currently going through a rough time/breakup these lemon glazed donuts will surely mend your heart, I guarantee it.
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest (one whole lemon)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbs milk
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spray donut or mini muffin pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Mix in buttermilk, eggs, oil and lemon zest.
- Fill each pan cavity 2/3 full.
- Bake for approximately 8 minutes.
- For the glaze, combine powdered sugar, milk and lemon zest in a small bowl with a whisk.
- Allow donuts to cool for 5 minutes.
- Dip each donut in glaze and allow to drip off on a cooling rack.