This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BigGameTreats #CollectiveBias
Peanut butter cookie brittle topped with a rich and creamy peanut butter frosting, chopped peanut butter SNICKERS®, and a melted milk chocolate drizzle.
Let’s all get something off of our chest right now… Every year we watch the Big Game for the commercials. Even if your team isn’t playing you still watch because you know they’re really the best part. Before you get mad I know some of you actually enjoy watching the game. I personally think it’s way too stressful. There’s screaming, fighting, and shouting and all I really care about is the food.
Most people use commercial breaks as time to get something to eat or snack on. I use the game play as my eating and snacking time. Last year I made oven fried chicken wings with hot sauce, french fries, and puppy chow. In case you didn’t notice, they’re all finger foods. Finger foods are what you want when you’re watching the Big Game. Anything else takes too much attention away from the game.
This year I want to do something a little differently. My boyfriend is obsessed with anything chocolate and peanut butter so I decided to make this loaded peanut butter cookie brittle. The idea came to me when I saw the peanut butter Snickers at Walmart. For me I just wanted something simple. I decided to just buy myself Skittles®. I’m a fruity candy lover so I couldn’t resist.
This recipe makes a large batch so if you’re hosting a party for the Big Game this is perfect!
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 mini peanut butter Snickers, cut into 4s
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- In a large bowl cream together butter, sugars, peanut butter, vanilla, and salt.
- Whip until light and fluffy. Mix in flour until combined.
- Press cookie dough into a large ungreased baking sheet. (approximately 10 x 15 inches)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool.
- Cream together butter, peanut butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Spread evenly over top of the large cooled cookie.
- Sprinkle chopped snickers overtop of the frosted cookie and drizzle the whole thing with the melted chocolate.
- cut into desired shapes. Enjoy!
From January 20-31, enter to win by purchasing 1 qualifying MARS Chocolate product and 1 qualifying Wrigley product at Walmart. All you have to do is snap a photo of the receipt to show proof of purchase and text or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. 14 winners will be drawn randomly at the end of the contest period (1 for each day of the contest), and will receive a $250 Walmart gift card! For more information on the contest, visitdrvsusa.com/biggame.