These maple bacon pancakes are the perfect back to school breakfast.
Growing up my mother never made my brother and I breakfast. We were never up early enough to do anything before school. To this day I’m still not much of a morning person, but no matter what time I wake up I always eat breakfast. Breakfast is one of those life changing meals. If you always skipped it because “you weren’t hungry”… you’re seriously missing out. My body is so used to having breakfast everyday now. If I am somewhere other than my own home and don’t get that first meal of the day I become an instant zombie. < scary things happen folks.
These maple bacon pancakes take everything I love about breakfast and combine them all into one delicious pancake. I don’t know about you but I’ve been obsessed with turkey bacon lately. My boyfriend just ate “real” bacon for the first time in months and now he says turkey bacon sucks… You may or may not know this about me but I don’t eat red meat. It’s been over 7 months since I last had anything made with pork or beef. Turkey bacon isn’t the prettiest meat to photograph but it sure is tasty.
These maple bacon pancakes will take your everyday breakfast to the next level. Oh and why not top your stack with even more bacon? You can never get enough, am I right? At first I didn’t mix the bacon in with the batter. I simply added the bacon as they were cooking on the skillet (as you would blueberries, chocolate chips, etc.). It was ugly… so don’t do it.
Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day. It can change everything about the way a child focuses at school. Since back to school season is right around the corner (or already here for some). I decided to pair this breakfast recipe with a HUGE back to school giveaway. It’s been awhile since I’ve done a large giveaway so I thought now was the time. All you have to do to enter is fill out the rafflecopter below. *The winners must have a paypal account so we can send you your money.* Good luck!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tbs. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 8 bacon slices, cooked and chopped
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- To the bowl add milk, vegetable oil, egg, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Whisk together until almost all of the lumps are gone.
- Stir in the chopped bacon.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat and coat with butter or cooking spray.
- Ladle some of the pancake batter onto the skillet and cook until bubbles start to surface.
- Flip pancake and cook for another 30 seconds or until brown.
- Repeat with remaining pancake batter and enjoy!