Funfetti rice krispies treats topped with funfetti frosting are the perfect way to celebrate a birthday!
It’s the season for funfetti everything, am I right? I feel like once spring rolls around recipes become filled with fresh fruit and sprinkles. Honestly I’m not complaining. I love both of those things. They’re both always brightly colored and bring joy just by looking at them.
One of my long term obsessions has always been rice krispies treats. I even created a recipe on how to achieve THE PERFECT rice krispies treats. It has been one of my most popular recipes on my blog. Apparently everyone loves rice krispies treats. Since that recipe has been so popular I thought I would give my personal favorite a little facelift. I know I know… If it’s not broke, don’t fix it. BUT Y’ALL! This recipe is everything!
These rice krispies treats could not be tastier. By adding in the funfetti cake mix you take the flavor up a notch. It’s almost like a two for one kind of deal. You get to eat rice krispies treats while also feeling like you’re eating a yummy birthday cake. Personally I prefer the krispie version, but i’m not a huge cake person because I need a crunchy texture in my food.
I decided to top these treats with a white chocolate funtetti frosting. Let me tell you, no regrets!
This is completely optional but I decided to add additional sprinkles into the rice krispies treat mixture and on top of the rice krispies treats. I wanted the treats to really shout funfetti just by looking at them. Top these treats with a few candles and celebrate someones big day in a non-traditional way.
What’s your favorite rice krispies treat recipe that you’ve tried?
- 5 tbs. butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 15oz. marshmallows
- 2/3 cup Funfetti cake mix
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- sprinkles, optional
- 7 ounces vanilla almond bark or vanilla candy melts
- 3 tablespoons funfetti cake mix
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- sprinkles, optional
- food coloring, optional
- Prepare a 9 × 9 inch pan by greasing with butter; set aside.
- In a large saucepan melt butter over low heat with the vanilla.
- Add in marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Slowly stir in the dry cake mix.
- Once combined remove from heat and stir in the cereal.
- Using a greased spatula press mixture into the greased pan.
- Allow to cool on the countertop while preparing the "frosting".
- For the frosting; melt the almond bark.
- Stir in the cake mix and optional food coloring.
- Top the treats with the frosting and optional sprinkles.
- Allow frosting to set.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!