“This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Quaker. All opinions are mine alone. #Quakerup #MyOatsCreation #CollectiveBias “
Warm spices are added to the already delicious oatmeal cookies to give them that cozy winter feel. Extremely soft and chewy oatmeal cookies done right with quick oats.
The season of cookies may be one of the best seasons. Especially if those cookies are full of whole grain oats and warm baking spices. I first had an oatmeal cookie about 5 years ago when I first started dating my boyfriend. He claims the oatmeal cookies never happened… but they did. Ever since then I have been obsessed. Adding whole grain oats to a recipe takes the cookie to a whole new level of goodness.
With the addition of cinnamon and nutmeg, how could one go wrong by adding in some delicious quick oats? I love this recipe because it creates a soft and chewy cookie full of warm winter flavors. Eating one of these cookies with a warm glass of tea or even coffee would be ideal. They pair perfectly because of the warmth they provide.
Isn’t the winter Quaker Oats packaging just so adorable? It was too hard to resist when I was grocery shopping at Target. It’s always hard to go to Target and only buy what’s on your list. I don’t even know why I bother writing one anymore. The limited edition 42oz. Quaker Oats Quick Oats winter packaging is exclusively at Target. <– they get all the good stuff including a coupon for Quaker Oats!
I made this recipe for a Christmas party last year and everyone was begging for the recipe. I added in some chocolate chips to make them even more over the top but they are just as amazing without them. I’m sure I’ll be making a double batch of these again this year.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy (3 minutes).
- Beat in the egg and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix until incorporated.
- Mix in the flour and quick oats until just combined.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of dough onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool on the pan.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy!