One Pot Creamy Chicken and Noodles is the perfect one pot pasta dinner. Al dente noodles, chicken, and tender veggies coated in a creamy sauce – seriously so good!
One Pot dishes are my new favorite recipes ever! Dishes suck, we all know it. By making one pot recipes you’re eliminating oodles of dirty dishes. YAY! Actually, double yay! Being a food blogger I sometimes run my dishwasher three times a day, plus I have a sink full of dirty dishes because there has to be special items that you can’t put in the dishwasher. So, when it comes to dinner I hate the idea of making even more dirty dishes! They’re seriously never ending as it is so why add more than necessary.
This is the first one pot dinner I have ever made and let me tell you, it’s delicious! If you love alfredo and you love chicken noodle soup, you’re going to love this one pot creamy chicken and noodles hybrid. Even if you don’t like alfredo (like me) you may even enjoy this recipe.
Can you believe that tomorrow is the first day of December? I feel like it was just yesterday we were putting up the Christmas tree. Now it’s time to do it all over again. I’m really excited to decorate for the holidays this year because now we’re mostly settled in to our new house. Last year everything was still in boxes so it was kind of hard to fully enjoy the holidays. Our neighbors already have their christmas lights on their houses so we’ll be getting to that as soon as Kip finds the time, haha.
We didn’t have time for lights last year so I really want to make sure that we get some up this year. I’d also like to put some wreaths on the windows and doors but I don’t want to get ahead of myself just yet. What’s your favorite part of decorating for the holidays? I just love how cozy everything is after it’s all said and done. I wish we could have christmas trees and lights up all year long 🙂
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 pound chicken, cubed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large skillet combine butter and flour on a medium-low heat.
- Once combined stir in carrots, celery, onions, and garlic.
- Cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add in the cubed chicken, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in the milk, chicken broth, dried parsley, and fettuccine. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a low heat cooking for 25 minutes. Stir every 5 minutes to prevent your noodles from sticking to one another.
- Remove from heat, stir in fresh parsley, and enjoy!