Patriotic Red White and Blue Vanilla Cake Cookies
These patriotic cake cookies might honestly be my favorite recipe I’ve ever made. Not only are they super simple to make they’re also so ascetically pleasing. The cookies with a more “marbled” look are by far my favorite. This look was achieved by using a cookie scoop. The remaining colors from the previous cookie marbled into the new cookie dough ball creating the perfect marble effect.
I’ve always been a patriot. If you were to walk into my house you would notice that immediately. The end tables in my living room used to be a mustard yellow, but I recently just painted one of them red and one of them blue. I replaced the simple knob pulls with two rustic white star pulls. I’m really proud of how they turned out.
On the wall behind my couch I have a rustic wood painted sign that resembles the american flag. Not all the stars and stripes are there but I still love it. If you don’t like red, white, and blue then you’d for sure get a headache in my house. If you don’t proudly support the red, white, and blue though can you even call yourself a proud american.
If you can’t find white food coloring it isn’t a deal breaker for this recipe. I used the white food coloring just because I wanted the colors to be as vibrant as possible. I wanted it to be obvious that these cookies were red, white, and blue. Such a simple idea but these patriotic cake cookies are my favorite.
- 1 box of vanilla cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- red food coloring
- blue food coloring
- white food coloring
- Preheat oven at 350º F.
- In a large bowl combine the dry cake mix powder, vegetable oil, and 2 eggs until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into three separate bowls. Mix blue food coloring into one bowl, red food coloring into another, and white food coloring into a third.
- Take a piece of each color of dough and form into tablespoon sized balls.
- Place cookie dough balls about 2 inches apart on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Lightly flatten each cookie dough ball.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Allow to slightly cool on a baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.