It’s no-bake week on Sweet as a Cookie. If you are like me… you don’t even want to think about turning on your oven in this heat. We don’t have air conditioning so we resort to putting fans in the windows at night when it “cools off.” Lately our “cooling off” temperatures have been just as hot as they were during the day… and did I mention the humidity?! It’s hard to eat in this weather let alone cook.
I’m sure most of you have had an Oreo truffle before. In my opinion they are much better than a plain oreo. I wanted to kick this recipe up a notch and make your tastebuds holler. We all have that friend who likes to dip their Oreos in peanut butter. Lucky for them Oreos are now already stuffed with peanut butter. But what’s better than a peanut butter stuffed oreo? I’ll tell you. An Oreo truffle made with peanut butter stuffed oreos and then smothered in peanut butter melts… do I have you drooling yet?
It’s summer. I like quick, simple, and easy recipes. This recipe is all three. And it’s mouth watering. If you’re a chocolate/peanut butter fan, this recipe is for you!
- 1 pkg. Peanut Butter creme Oreos (15.25 oz.), divided
- 6 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter candy wafers or peanut butter chips
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- In a food processer/blender crush 4-5 peanut butter Oreos until they turn into fine crumbs; set aside (will be used for sprinkling on top later). Crush the remaining Oreos in the food processor (approximately 26 cookies). Once Oreos are fine crumbs, mix in the softened cream cheese. Blend until mixture combines into one lage ball. Roll cookie mixture into tablespoon sized balls. Refrigerate truffles for approximately 30 minutes to harden.
- Melt the peanut butter chips in the microwave on defrost for 30 seconds, continue process until chips are almost fully melted. Stir the peanut butter chips with the vegetable oil until it's smooth and liquidy. Dip each ball into the melted peanut butter chips and coat evenly. Place on baking sheet lined with wax paper to dry. Sprinkle crushed oreos (previously set aside) on top of the wet truffles. Refrigerate for approximately 1 hour or until peanut butter coating has hardened. Enjoy!