Salty and sweet these peanut butter pretzel bars are topped with a rich semi sweet chocolate drizzle.
Peanut butter and chocolate has always been a classic combination. When you combine those classic flavors with salty pretzels and Rice Krispies Cereal you know you’re in for a real treat. These peanut butter pretzel bars are the perfect salty & sweet snack.
We got our first snow here in East Tennessee. Although I’m from the north I’m afraid to go out in this weather because the roads don’t get taken care of the same down here. What’s really funny is that next weekend the weather is supposed to be in the 60s. I’m hoping this is the only snow we get this year, but I’m sure that won’t be the case.
For this recipe all you need to do is combine brown sugar, corn syrup, marshmallows, peanut butter, vanilla, and salt in a large pot over medium heat. Once everything is thoroughly combined you stir in the cereal and pretzel pieces. Pour the peanut butter pretzel mixture into a prepared pan and chill. Once it has chilled you drizzle with chocolate and sprinkle the tops with flaky sea salt.
This recipe could not be simpler. To make it easier to remove the bars from the pan simply grease your pan and line with it with parchment paper, then grease the pan again, and pour your mixture inside.
I tried flattening the mixture with my spatula but I found it easiest to just use my hands. The mixture will be warm but it shouldn’t burn you when touched.
When a dessert has that salty and sweet combination I instantly fall in love. It checks all the boxes and satisfies my every craving. These peanut butter pretzel bars are perfect to serve at a party or share with a couple of peanut butter loving friends. Or if you’re like me you’ll keep the whole pan for yourself. Don’t worry, I wont judge!
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups mini marshmallows (or 14 regular marshmallows)
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups (8 ounces) pretzel sticks, chopped
- 4 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky salt.
- Grease a 13 x 9 inch pan with cooking spray or shortening; set aside.
- In a large saucepan bring sugar and corn syrup to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in the marshmallows and peanut butter.
- Mix in the vanilla and salt.
- Combine the wet mixture with the cereal and broken pretzels.
- Pour into prepared pan and flatten.
- Chill until set. (approx. 1 hour)
- Drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle with flaked salt.
- Cut and serve!