This shop/post has been compensated by Collective Bias, INC. and The Coca-Cola Company, all opinions are mine alone. #ItsAMatch, #DietCoke #CollectiveBias
Simple and flavorful pizza meatballs. Meatballs packed with that cheese pizza flavor!
I thought it was about time that I shared my pizza meatball recipe. This is honestly one of the best meatballs I have ever had and I’m not just saying that because I made them. The combination of flavors is just too perfect in this recipe. I was at Kroger getting my weekly groceries and I thought I’d pick up the items I needed to make this recipe so I could share it with y’all. I used ground turkey but feel free to use ground beef or chicken.
I remember going out to eat for pizza when I was younger. At home we always had to drink milk with our meals, but when we went out I would always get a Coca-Cola® When I think of pizza Coca-Cola® is always the first thing that comes to mind when thinking of a drink to go with it. I thought the classic Diet Coke® would pair perfectly with this recipe. The classic Diet Coke is getting a facelift while also keeping the same great taste it’s always had! I personally am obsessed with the new sleek cans. They fit in my tiny hands better, haha.
Have you seen the Diet Coke® new flavors in their sleek cans yet? If you’re looking to try something new beyond the classic Diet Coke® you may be interested in one of the other new added flavors Diet Coke has to offer including Diet Coke® Feisty Cherry, Diet Coke® Zesty Blood Orange, Diet Coke® Ginger Lime, and Diet Coke® Twisted Mango. I tried the Diet Coke Ginger Lime and I loved it!
If you’re unsure which new added flavor of Diet Coke you might enjoy the best try taking this flavor quiz and find your true match! If you’re still unsure after taking the quiz you can always look for the single cans in your store so you can try each new flavor at an affordable price! I’m still really wanting to try the Diet Coke Feisty Cherry!
Which Diet Coke new flavor will you try?
- 1 pound ground meat (I used turkey)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon basil
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/4 cup green pepper, diced
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1 1/2 cups garlic and herb bread crumbs
- pasta sauce, optional
- rolls, optional
- additional shredded cheese, optional
- In a large bowl combine ground meat, egg, milk, salt, basil, and black pepper. Mix until just combined.
- Add in the onion, green pepper, and cheese. Combine until everything is evenly incorporated.
- Little by little add in the bread crumbs. Using your hands work the bread crumbs into the meat until all are incorporated.
- Form 22-24 meatballs out of the mixture.
- Cook in a greased pan until meatballs are cooked through. Add in pasta sauce and warm.
- Top with cheese and place under broiler until melted.
- Serve on rolls or with pasta.