Pretzel Crusted Chocolate Fudge Cookies
Chocolate covered pretzels in cookie form. These pretzel crusted chocolate fudge cookies are the perfect combination of salty and sweet. The rich sweet chocolate cookies and the salty crunchy pretzels satisfy every taste bud. These cookies are amazing when they’re still warm out of the oven. Pair them with a glass of cold milk and you have the perfect sweet treat snack.
For these pretzel crusted chocolate cookies you could make the pretzel pieces smaller or bigger depending on your preference. If you make the pieces bigger like I did, you might need more pretzels for your recipe. With the bigger pretzel chunks you might also want to only top your cookies with them rather than rolling the whole dough ball in the crumbs.
These pretzel crusted chocolate fudge cookies will be a hit with everyone. Add in some mini chocolate M&Ms for an even more delicious treat. Just make sure to leave out the chocolate chunks or your dough will be too thick. The bright rainbow-colored candies will make this treat even better.
What’s your favorite kind of cookie?
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coffee extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- 2 cups mini pretzels, crushed
- Preheat your oven to 350º F.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer cream together the butter and sugar.
- Beat until mixture is fluffy, approximately 3 minutes.
- Mix in eggs one at a time until incorporated.
- Add in the vanilla, coffee extract, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix until everything is incorporated.
- Stir in the flour and chocolate chunks and mix until just combined.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough in pretzel crumbs and roll around until coated.
- Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet 2 inches apart from each other.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool on a baking sheet for 1 minute before transferring to a cooling rack. Enjoy!