I waited as long as I could but I mean it is the almost the middle of September, right? Pumpkin is everywhere! We bought about 6 autumn scented candles form Bath & Body works a month ago (they’re our favorite). So today I bring you Pumpkin Pie Pound Cake. You can pick your jaw up off of the floor now. I know it looks amazing, it also tastes amazing. If you love spice cake you’ll love this pumpkin pie pound cake. If you love a good smelling house you’ll also love baking this pumpkin pie pound cake. Around the 30 minute mark your kitchen will be filled with the scents of autumn. I’m going to be honest… that’s what I was most excited for. I love lighting candles but I really wanted the real thing smelling up the house. So what are you waiting for? MAKE THIS NOW!
This recipe was so fun to make, but even more fun to photograph. Believe it or not… this cake was rather photogenic. When I was drizzling on the glaze I was a little worried that this whole thing would be disastrous, but I’m in love. After complaining about the super warm weather the other day it seemed to listen to me. It looks like today might be one of the last warm days for awhile (thank goodness). I can’t handle warm weather. I would rather live inside with the air conditioning all summer long.
This Pumpkin Pie Pound Cake makes it feel like autumn even though it still is technically summer. Tomorrow we’re supposed to get a huge rain storm. Rain storms are one of my favorite things so I’m really looking forward to it.
I really like iced tea but for the fall I’m thinking of starting to drink warm tea. I’m not sure which brands to try or not to try but if I happen to find one that I really love I’ll make sure to let you all know.
I’ve been staring at this cake for so long… now it’s time to make dinner. The hardest decision of the day.. anyone else have this problem.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 5 large eggs
- 1 (15 oz.) canned pumpkin puree
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbs. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Prepare your bundt pan by greasing and then flouring. (make sure you tap out all excess flour)
- In the bowl of your stand mixer cream together butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Carefully mix in the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, salt ,and vanilla.
- Once well combined add in the flour and apple juice.
- Mix only until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for approximately 75 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool slightly in pan before removing.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- For the glaze; cream together cream cheese, powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour glaze over the cake and enjoy!