My favorite dessert to make is rice krispies treats. They’re simple and so customizable. The flavor combinations are endless and that’s what makes creating them fun. Since autumn is in full swing I decided to come up with a pumpkin spice rice krispies treat. These treats are in a close second with my lemon supreme rice krispies treats coming out on top. The cake mix adds a whole new texture making them even more desirable than the plain old rice krispies treats.
Over the weekend my boyfriend and I went apple picking. It was my first time apple picking so I was overly excited. I couldn’t stop talking about it on the way home. There were so many kinds of apples to choose from. Half of them I’ve never even heard of before. We ending up finding a small patch of trees that were rare to find there. We were allowed to try any of the apples and decide which kind we liked best. When I tasted the ones we had found I fell in love, they were so crisp and flavorful.
When we got back to pay we asked the cashier what kind we had picked. It turns out they happened to be an old fashioned golden delicious and yes, they were delicious. Our basket full of apples was only $5.00 and we walked away with 23 gorgeous apples. It truly is amazing what farmers do. I’ve never tasted something so fresh and amazing.
- 4 and 1/2 tbs. butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 and 1/2 bags marshmallows (10 oz. bags)
- 2/3 cup Duncan Hines spice cake mix
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- Prepare a 8×8 inch or 13×9 inch pan with shortening; set aside.
- In a large saucepan melt butter over low heat with the vanilla and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add in marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Slowly stir in the dry cake mix.
- Once combined remove from heat and stir in the cereal.
- Using greased spatula press mixture into greased pan.
- Cool on the countertop for approximately 30 minutes.