Salted Caramel Vanilla Poke Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
I’m trying to figure out how unsalted caramel is even a thing. I remember the first time I had salted caramel. My mind was BLOWN. The salt just gives the caramel so much more flavor and really sends your taste buds on a ride. This salted caramel poke cake is by far one of my most favorite recipes I have ever created.
I was instantly inspired to create this recipe after seeing Krafts new caramel pudding mix in the grocery store. On its own, this pudding would probably be a bit much but for baking this pudding is perfect! I have so many ideas for this new flavor of pudding so I hope they don’t discontinue it anytime in the near or distant future.
I believe this is my first sheet cake recipe on the blog. I’m so glad the first could be this salted caramel poke cake. This recipe would be prefect for any gathering. Memorial day would be a great time to share this recipe. If you’re a chocolate lover you could easily replace the caramel bits on top with mini chocolate chips. If you’ve been around here long you’ll know that I myself am not a huge fan of chocolate. But if you are, by all means go for it! Heck, maybe even top your cake with both.
So Netflix’s new show Girlboss has been keeping me occupied while working. Overall I really like the show so far. It’s very relatable considering she’s a 23 year old entrepreneur and I myself am a 24 year old entrepreneur. She however is a lot more immature than myself, but that might be what makes the show even more funny. The show has hit all my emotions so far so if you’re looking for something new to watch I would definitely check it out!
What’s your favorite TV series on Netflix?
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3.4 ounces caramel pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- caramel bits, optional
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer combine butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Once fluffy mix in eggs one at a time.
- Mix in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- With the mixer on low add in 1/3 of the flour mixture, 1/8 cup of milk, another 1/3 of the flour mixture, the rest of the milk, and the rest of the flour mixture.
- Pour mixture into a greased 13x9 inch pan and bake for 25 minutes or until cake springs back when touched.
- When the cake comes out of the oven using the handle of a spoon poke holes inches apart on the cake.
- Prepare pudding by mixing pudding mix, milk, and salt until combined.
- Pour oven the warm cake.
- Allow to cool and set in the refrigerator.
- For the frosting; combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until creamy and smooth.
- Top the cooled cake with the frosting. Top with additional caramel bits. (optional)