Salted Caramel Rice Krispies Treats Avalanches. The perfect ratio of sweet and salty.
Rice Krispies Treats are already amazing on their own. Trust me, I mastered the art of perfecting the perfect Rice Krispies Treat a few years ago. Combining the already amazing Rice Krispies Treats with salted caramel and ice cream just takes the whole dessert to a new level. The Rice Krispies Treats add the perfect crunch to these ice cold avalanches.
I have been absolutely loving the salty and sweet combination lately. Those flavors combined with a crunch and you have me hooked. This recipe is so simple and only takes 10 minutes to make from start to finish. These avalanches are also the perfect treat to enjoy after a long hard week.
Am I the only one who needs to eat something crunchy in order to feel completely satisfied when eating? It’s weird because I’m not usually the one to crave a certain flavor of something. I crave textures. I usually satisfy my crunchy cravings with a dry cereal, baked Cheetos, Cheez-Its, or toast. They might not be the healthiest of options but they seem to be the only ones that really really work.
What’s really funny is that most of my favorite snacks are cheddar cheese flavored. I’m actually the type of person who doesn’t even enjoy cheese. I can’t eat cheddar cheese on its own. But things like Goldfish and Kraft Macaroni and Cheese are enjoyable to me.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy rice krispies treats?
- 5 cups vanilla ice cream
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Rice Krispies Treats® Original squares, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon flaky salt
- In a blender container combine ice cream, milk, and vanilla ice cream. Cover and pulse until the ice cream resembles soft serve.
- Stir in the 3 chopped Rice Krispies Treats® Originals squares and the JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the caramel sauce and salt. Stir until incorporated.
- Layer the ice cream mixture into two 16-ounce glasses, alternating with the caramel sauce. Serve immediately and enjoy with a spoon.