These super fruity rice treats are full of flavor. Using both fruity rice cereal and fruity marshmallows makes these treats even better.
I’ve always been a fan of fruity foods for as long as I can remember. There’s just something about the extreme flavors that makes me want more. I was one of those children that passed up a chocolate bar but would take the Smarties, Skittles, and Sprees. My boyfriend always tells me I’m weird because I’d rather have something fruity over chocolate.
It’s not that I don’t like chocolate, it’s just not my favorite. I’ve actually started eating more chocolate recently. I’m trying to age my palate. I think it’s just stuck in the teenage years.
These super fruity rice treats are the perfect rice krispies treat snack. Eating rice cereal can be frustrating. You can chase the cereal around the milk all day but you’ll never get that last little grain of puffed rice. That’s one of the reasons why I like rice krispies treats so much. The marshmallow “glues” everything together so you don’t have to worry about any loners.
These super fruity rice treats would make any child jump for joy. The colors alone really make this treat super kid friendly. I didn’t want to use only fruity rice cereal when developing this treat because I didn’t want the flavor to be too pungent. If you follow my tips for the perfect rice krispies treats you can’t go wrong.
Dipping these treats in white chocolate would really send them even more over the top.
Top these treats with sprinkles and they’ll serve as the perfect birthday treat. I know I’ll be making these for my own birthday next month. I can’t believe I’ll be 22! Where has the time gone?
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 and 1/2 bags (15oz.) fruity marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups puffed rice cereal
- 3 cups fruity puffed rice cereal
- Prepare a 8 × 8 inch pan with butter; set aside.
- In a large saucepan melt butter over low heat with the vanilla.
- Add in the fruity marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cereals.
- Using a greased spatula press the mixture into the greased pan.
- Cool on the countertop for approximately 30 minutes.