Delicious triple chocolate pancakes. Dark chocolate pancakes with mini semi sweet chocolate chips and a rich chocolate drizzle.
Dear Dark Chocolate,
It wasn’t you, it was me. I never hated you in your entirety. I just really dislike your milky side. Dark chocolate and white chocolate are some of my best friends, but I can’t seem to get along with milk chocolate. I only realized my true love for you when I realized that your milky version was the enemy, not you. Brownies, no bake cookies, pancakes… oh my! You’re so good in all of these things. Dark chocolate I will not be breaking up with you anytime soon.
Sweet as a Cookie
Yes the rumors are true. I no longer hate chocolate. I only hate milk chocolate. <— This was only the case it just took me forever to realize it. You would think I would have realized it sooner considering the amount of brownies I eat but whatever. These triple chocolate pancakes are a breakfast recipe you want to try! They’re only technically triple chocolate if you drench them in chocolate syrup so don’t skimp out!
I like to think of this stack of pancakes as a chocolate volcano with a molten lava topping. The chocolate syrup got so wild that it almost rolled over the side of the plate and took over the dining room. I’m not even exaggerating in the slightest. When I went to pick up the plate there was a chocolate waterfall just like on Willy Wonka.
I’m pretty sure my boyfriend dreams of chocolate waterfalls.
While we’re on the topic of dreams I would just like to say that I dream the craziest dreams. What’s even weirder is that I usually remember every detail even later in the day. I would hate to get my dreams analyzed because they would probably think I was crazy. I don’t need someone telling me that. I know I’m crazy 🙂
These triple chocolate pancakes aren’t a dream. They’re real and you should make them right now!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- chocolate syrup, optional
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- To the bowl add milk, vegetable oil, egg, and vanilla.
- Whisk together until almost all of the lumps are gone.
- Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat and coat with butter or cooking spray.
- Ladle 1/4 cup of the pancake batter onto the skillet and cook until bubbles start to surface.
- Flip pancake and cook for another 30 seconds or until brown.
- Repeat with remaining pancake batter, top with chocolate syrup, and enjoy!