I can’t take complete credit for this recipe. My boyfriend was actually the one who had the idea, I was just the one who made it happen. These Twix Cupcakes are one of the most flavorful cupcakes I’ve ever had. The sweet caramel filling against the vanilla cupcake just leaves your mouth wanting more. My boyfriend loves Twix and of course he gets everything he wants, so I couldn’t say no.
Just look how cute they are! I decided to cut up some fun sized Twix and top each cupcake with a half. I even drizzled on some caramel for that extra cute touch. My boyfriend is still talking about these Twix Cupcakes and it’s been over a week since I’ve made them. If you’re a huge Twix fan these cupcakes will be perfect for you. They’d also make the perfect treat at a birthday party. I know if someone made these for my birthday I wouldn’t dare complain 😉
Lately I’ve been obsessed with fresh pineapple. Canned pineapple doesn’t even come close to fresh. I love it with chicken and on my pizza. I think eating pineapple makes me feel like summer is right around the corner. I’m hoping the cooler weather is gone. It feels like every year the winters get longer and longer.
Tomorrow we’re heading to the lake and I’m hoping to get some awesome pictures while it’s still half frozen. It’s so beautiful during winter but it’s been way too cold to go outside this year. Luckily it’s warmed up just enough to get some pictures while the lake is still partly frozen.
The vinyl backdrop used in these photographs can be found at The Backdrop Shop. You can buy them here at The Backdrop Shop or here at My backdrop Shop. The selection they provide is endless shipping time is incredible. The sized used in these photos was 2ft x 2ft 🙂 Head on over to their facebook page and follow so you never miss a new backdrop.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 tsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer combine butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Once fluffy mix in eggs one at a time.
- Mix in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- With the mixer on low add in 1/3 of the flour mixture, 1/8 cup of milk, another 1/3 of the flour mixture, the rest of the milk, and the rest of the flour mixture.
- Don't over mix, mix until just combined.
- Fill 12 cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full with the batter.
- Bake for approximately 18 minutes or until cake springs back when touched.
- Allow to cool before filling and frosting.
- In a large bowl cream together butter, salt, vanilla and milk.
- Once combined slowly mix in sifted cocoa powder and powdered sugar.
- Mix until frosting is light and fluffy.
- Scoop out the center of a cooled cupcake.
- Fill with 2 tsp. caramel topping.
- Top with chocolate buttercream