It seems like every time a party happens, cheese shows up. You walk over to the snack table and there he is… looking you right in the eye. He’s a dip, he’s a ball, he’s complemented with crackers. When you see him do you dive right in or do you control your emotions? If this Velveeta Cheesy Pull Bread were sitting on the table at the next party I went to… I don’t think I could control myself. The smell alone is enough to make you want to have a mouth full. Then you take a quick look at the bread… it’s sitting there covered in liquid gold and you go for it… there’s no turning back now. You’re looking guilty but then you smile 🙂 because Velveeta cheese makes everything better.
So in your opinion what is better than a freshly baked loaf of bread (I know tough question!)?… but I would have to say freshly baked bread full of Velveeta liquid gold is better than plain ol’ bread 🙂 Just imagine dipping this cheesy bread in a big bowl of warm tomato soup. It’s the perfect comfort food.
Just look how nicely layered the dough and cheeses are. My squares weren’t perfect so don’t stress out if yours aren’t either. The bread still came out delicious and dreamy.
Personally I think this bread would be the star at any party. Everyone loves cheese and everyone loves bread… so what’s not to love about this perfect combination. This bread will make your party go from a dud to a stud (and by stud I mean a “happening” party). If you’re in a rush buy a pre-made bread dough and make it that way instead. Everyone will think you made it from scratch and it will taste just as amazing.
So what are you waiting for? Get off your butt and bake! 🙂
- 2 and 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbs. granulated sugar
- 1 pkt. or (2 1/4 tsp. ) instant yeast
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 16 ounces Velveeta Cheese, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- In the large bowl of your stand mixer combine flour, salt, sugar and yeast; set aside. In a small saucepan warm milk and 1/4 cup butter on low heat until butter is melted. Once butter has melted remove from heat and mix in the water. Once thoroughly mixed combine with the dry ingredients. Using your dough hook combine the ingredients until it almost forms a ball. Add in the eggs and continue mixing. Once dough ball forms place dough in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Once dough is done resting roll out onto a lightly floured surface. Preheat oven to 350º F. Roll dough out into an even square, spread butter overtop the rolled out dough evenly. Cut dough into even sized squares using a pizza cutter (approximately 36). Don't worry if they're not prefect. Top each dough piece with a slice of Velveeta Cheese.
- Prepare a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan by first coating in shortening and then lightly flouring (get out the excess flour by taping it on the counter upside down). Stack dough tightly in the pan (see photo above). Bake for 35-40 minutes. Enjoy!
- You could use a pre-made bread dough instead of the homemade version, just be sure to watch the baking time.
- This recipe uses a Velveeta 2lb. loaf but It only calls for 16 oz. Make two batches to use up all the liquid gold!
Shop with me HERE.
What’s your favorite comfort food?