These zesty ranch fries take frozen french fries to a whole new level. These fries aren’t for those who can’t handle the heat.
I’m going to be honest. I was never really a fan of spicy foods until I started dating Kip. It’s not that I never liked them. I just didn’t grow up around spicy foods. Now I won’t reach for the hot sauce for every meal like he does, but I have started using it more in my dishes. Cayenne pepper, yeah we put that in everything now. It’s funny how much people change as they grow older.
Looking back at the “almost” past 5 years it’s really cool to see how far we’ve come. We started out as High School sweethearts. Even though he didn’t go to my school and he’s a year ahead of me we still managed to make it through. His first year at college was the hardest. He drove home every weekend to come and see me though. (He’s the best!) The following year I went off to the same college. I paid to live in a dorm but I moved in with Kip about a month after school started. We’ve basically been inseparable ever since.
Obviously living together you learn to like foods the other person likes. We’re still working on getting him to eat vegetables though. (SOMEONE SEND HELP!) I soon began to enjoy spicy EVERYTHING. I was inspired to make these fries after enjoying too many of those spicy pretzels everyone always makes this time of year. Instead of dumping the seasoning all over pretzels I decided to coat some french fries.
The fries turned out even better than I expected and I will definitely be adding this recipe to my list of go-to recipes. The french fries are quite spicy so if you’re not a big spicy food fan I would maybe cut the amount of cayenne pepper in half.
- 1 pound frozen french fries (I used Golden Fries)
- 2 tablespoons ranch seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- Partially bake french fries for 10 minutes.
- While the fries are baking whisk together ranch seasoning, vegetable oil, garlic salt, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
- After the fries have baked for 10 minutes evenly coat with the spicy ranch seasoning.
- Bake for another 10 minutes then flip the fries.
- Bake for another 10 minutes and enjoy!